Monday, November 28, 2011

The Acacia Tree

In Exodus God instructs Moses to build almost everything in the tabernacle out of Acacia wood. When I read this I wondered what was so special about this particular tree. Why did God show such particular favoritism towards one type of wood?

So to Wikipedia I went. I found out that the Acacia tree has a host of interesting and useful properties, and is linked to many different myths and legends of ancient religion.

But the thing I found most interesting about the Acacia tree is that, when milled for paper, it produces a product with high yield and low bulk. This means that it can be used to make extremely thin paper that is most commonly used for the pages of Bibles.

So the tree that God chose for the construction of His dwelling place in the Old Testament is used today to convey His message of Salvation and Life to the World.

Coincidence...I don't think so.

3 comments: